Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Compassion

Okay, so I asked one of my awesome coworkers what kind of charities she donated too. Because the two of us like giving back, and I was looking for another charity besides St. Jude. That is when she told me about Compassion Ministries. Which is a Christian orginization set up to help kids in other countries. This program helps provide: Clean Water, Educational Opprotunities, Health Care, Safe and Healthy Recreation, Social Development, and Opprotunities to know Christ and grow in faith. I was like this is awesome! It was like it just jumped out at me. I had to do it, God was calling me to do it. So I went on the website and starting browsing and reading up on it, and I was touched from the very moment I got to the website. It broke my heart to see all these children that needed help. I just knew I had to help at least one of them, but how could I pick just one?? It is so hard when they are all in need of serious help and love. So I left work and went home and continued my search for the perfect one. I talked to my mom about it and was still so confused on what to do. They all need help! Can't I just help them all!! So I was searching and searching. Country after Country. I got to Uganda, and if I only knew my life was about to change forever. I clicked on a couple of different kids and read their stories. Then I clicked on a boys who had a red heart (which means they have been waiting longer than 6 months for a sponsorship) and he had a red ribbon (which means he lives in an AIDS affected area). So I started reading about this boy and it just touched my heart. I knew he was the one. So I went through the process and became this boys sponsor. I am proud to say I have a new addition to my family. His name is Robert and he is from Uganda. Uganda is a landlocked country in East Africa. Half of the population of the country lives below the international poverty line of $1.25 a day. He is the most precious 9 year old boy I have seen. He captured my heart from the start. I hope one day I can go meet him, that would be totally awesome! Well bloggers that is all for now. I will keep you updated on Robert, he is part of the family now! :) Love thy neighbor as thyself. -One Love

No comments:

Post a Comment